Gear Up for the Year
Don’t put your bike down just because it’s time to pick up your pencils. On the contrary — cycling is the ideal form of transportation for students! Cycling keeps you fit, saves you time looking for parking spots, and saves you money on things that add up like a car, gas, and a parking pass. You can find everything you need right here to turn your bike into the ultimate form of transportation this year.
Best Bikes for Commuting
Upgrade Your Helmet
You are spending a pretty penny to fill your brain with knowledge so strap your helmet on and protect it. A sturdy helmet can protect you on the off chance you take a tumble. These days, options are pretty extensive when it comes to helmet colors and designs so you should have no trouble finding a helmet that fits your personality.
Carry Your Bags With Ease
Ditch your backpack this year and try adding a cargo rack and a set of panniers to your bike. You’ll be surprised at how much easier and more enjoyable your ride to class becomes. If you are ballin’ on a budget, we recommend starting out with a more affordable cargo rack and bungee cords. It may not be the most aesthetically pleasing option, but it’s proven to work well (but is not waterproof).
Protect Your Bike from Sticky Fingers
Tips For E-Bike Owners
- Remove the battery from your e-bike to help it blend in and become less of a target for thieves.
- Use a lock that is appropriate for your e-bike. Not sure what you need? One of our team members will be able to help you find one.
- Keep your bike out of sight if you are done with it for the day.
- Try to find a bike locker or bike parking garage and make sure you are locking it up, even if it’s out of eyesight.
- Just like with a regular bike, register your e-bike with one of the "Register It" options listed above.
- Some brands of e-bikes have apps for your phone that can help you keep track of your e-bike.